Designers: Jamey Stegmaier and Alan Stone
Artwork: Beth Sobel
Theme: You find yourself in rustic, pre-modern Tuscany, where you've inherited a meager vineyard. You own a few plots of land, an old crush pad, a tiny cellar, 3 workers... and the dream of owning the best winery in Italy.
Your job is to allocate your workers and helpful visitors to complete various tasks throughout the year. Each season is different on a vinyard, so the workers have different tasks they can take care of in the summer and winter. There's competition over those tasks, and often the first worker to arrive at each one has an advantage over the rest.
Using those workers and visitors, you can expand your vineyard by building structures, planting vines, and filling wine orders as you work towards the goal of owning the most successful winery in Tuscany.
- Play Time: 45-90 Minutes
- Player Count: 2-6 Players
- Ages: 13+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Replay Value: High - Lots of variability with cards and expansions.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a worker placement, economic game. Players take turns placing workers on various action spaces depending on the season.
- Round Summary: A round of the game consists of 4 phases represented by the four seasons.
- Spring Action - Select turn order on the Wake-Up chart and take the associated bonus action
- Summer Actions - Take turns placing workers on open Summer action space then take the associated action. Actions include:
- Drawing a vine card for future planting.
- Plant a vine - Play a vine card to the players vineyard.
- Give a vineyard tour - Collect money.
- Play a Summer visitor card and resolve the card's effect.
- Build a structure - Pay the cost to build a structure on the player board.
- Sell grapes - Sell any number of grapes for the price indicated on the player board.
- Fall Action - Draw a visitor card.
- Winter Actions - Take turns placing workers on open Winter action space then take the associated action. Actions include:
- Draw a wine order card - These cards represent orders for certain wines that can be crafted and sold.
- Fill a wine order - Sell the type of wine shown on a wine order card and score the card's victory points.
- Harvest a field for grapes.
- Hire another worker for use in future rounds.
- Play a winter visitor card and resolve the card's effect.
- End Game: Game ends after a player scores 20 victory points and the current round is complete.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points acquired from filling wine orders and bonuses from visitor cards and worker spaces wins.
Tuscany - Expanding The World Of Viticulture