Designer: Helmut Ohley
Artwork: Klemens Franz
Theme: Munich at the end of the 19th century: the new tramway is successful and needs expansion. New routes are introduced, stations are built, and existing routes with high demand are reinforced with additional trains. In the end though, there can be one tramway company. Who will manage to defeat their competitor?
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Player Count: 2 players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High
- Direct Conflict: Low
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a hand management, set collection game. Players collect sets of colored station cards which are scored in 10 scoring rounds. The scoring rounds are triggered when 4 passenger cards of a color are played to the central terminal station. Cards are also used as money by playing them face down. Money is used to purchase Tramway cards which must be played above any new set of station cards and also provide a score multiplier for that set.
- Turn Summary:
- Place Passengers - Play 1 or 2 cards as a passengers to their matching color central terminal station. As soon as a player adds a 4th passenger to a Terminal Station, a scoring occurs. Each player scores the victory points on all station cards of that color multiplied by the Tramway card above each column.
- Place Stations - Play any number of cards down in columns of like colors in ascending order. Wild conductor cards can be played along side any column.
- If an 8th card is added to one column a special Extra Tour scoring occurs for that column only. Conductor cards count toward the 8 card requirement and scoring is calculated the same way as a normal scoring.
- Income - Play any number of cards face down to use for money.
- Purchase Tramway Card - Purchase 1 or more Tramway cards from the market. Once purchased they must immediately be played above a column that does not already have a Tramway card.
- Draw up to a hand of 6 cards. Any Station cards played down that do not have a Tramway card above them are discarded.
- End Game: Game ends after the 10th regular scoring occurs.
- Victory: The player with the highest score from the 10 regular scorings and any Extra Tour scorings wins the game.