Tiny Epic Galaxies
Designers: Scott Almes
Artwork: Williams Bricker, Benjamin Shulman
Theme: In Tiny Epic Galaxies, the weight of the universe is on your shoulders. You are the supreme commander of your very own galaxy... in an intergalactic war!
You will be competing with other galactic leaders to colonize the most sought after planets in the universe. You will be managing resources and expanding your galactic footprint. Guide your Starfleet wisely and if you can build the most powerful empire, you will claim victory of the entire cosmos!
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Player Count: 1-5 players
- Ages: 14+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium
- Replay Value: Medium/High
- Direct Conflict: Medium
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a dice rolling, action selection, space exploration game. Players roll and re-roll dice which show various actions that can be taken on a turn. Players move spaceships to planets to access more actions or race other players to colonize the planet and acquire the planet card for end game points.
- Turn Summery:
- Roll Dice - Once per turn players may re-roll any number of unused dice. Players may spend an energy unit to also re-roll.
- Activate dice - Use each die one at a time for it's action. After taking an action, the other players have the option of also taking the same action by spending a culture point. The available actions are:
- Move A Ship - Land on the planet's surface and take it's action or orbit the planet by placing the ship on the starting space of it's colony track.
- Acquire Energy or Culture Resources - Advance marker on the energy resource or culture resource track.
- Advance Colonization - Use Diplomacy or Economy symbols as shown on a planet card to advance an orbiting ship on it's colony track. If ship is on the last space, the planet is colonized and the card is taken by the player. The planet's action can be used by that player on future turns.
- Utilize a Colony - Use the action on player's mat or an action on any planets they have colonized.
- Converting Dice - Two dice are put on the converter then a third die may be changed to any symbol.
- End Game: Once a player reaches 21 victory points or more, play continues until all players have taken the same number of turns then the game ends.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points acquired from colonized planets and secret missions wins the game.