Ticket to Ride Europe
Designer: Alan R. Moon
Artwork: Julien Deival
Theme: From the craggy hillsides of Edinburgh to the sunlit docks of Pamplona to a windswept station in Berlin, Ticked to Ride Europe takes you on a new train adventure though the great cities of turn of the century Europe. Will you risk a trip through the dark tunnels of Switzerland? Venture aboard a ferry on the Black Sea? Or erect lavish train stations in the great capitals of the old empires? Your next move might just make you Europe's greatest train magnate!
- Play Time: 60 minutes
- Player Count: 2-5 players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Direct Conflict: Low
- Replay Value: Medium
- Game Mechanics: This is a set collection, network building game. Players collect sets of colored train cards which are traded in to build connections between cities. Destination tickets show routes on the map which give end game bonuses if completed.
- Turn Summery: Players perform one of the following actions:
- Draw Train Cards - The player may draw two train cards (one if selecting a face up locomotive) from the five face up cards or the draw deck.
- Claim a Route - Discard matching cards in the color and quantity of the spaces that make up the route. Locomotive cards can be played as wild cards. Place a train on each space of the route.
- Tunnels - Tunnel routes may require more cards to compete. Three cards are drawn from the train deck and any matching color cards for that route will require an additional train card to be played to compete the tunnel route.
- Ferries - Ferries require one or more Locomotive cards to be used to complete the route. The required Locomotives are shown on the route spaces.
- Draw Destination Tickets - Draw three Destination Tickets from the top of the Tickets deck. Keep at least one of them.
- Build a Train Station - Build a Train Station in any city that does not have one. The first station built costs one Train card of any color. The second costs two cards of the same color. The third costs three cards of the same color. Stations allow players to complete Destination Tickets using another player's route into that city.
- Game End: When one player has two or less trains left at the end of their turn, every player completes one last turn.
- Victory: The player with the most points from building train routes, completed Destination Tickets (uncompleted Destination Tickets subtract from score), leftover stations and the bonus for the longest route wins.
Ticket to Ride: Asia
Ticket to Ride India
Ticket to Ride: Africa
Ticket to Ride: Nederland