Ticket to Ride
Designer: Alan R. Moon
Artwork: Julien Delval
Theme: October 2, 1900 - 28 years to the day that noted London eccentric, Phileas Fog accepted and then won L20,000 bet that he could travel Around the World in 80 Days. Now at the dawn of the century it is time for a new impossible journey. Some old friends have gathered to celebrate Fogg's impetuous and lucrative gamble - and to propose a new wager of their own. The stakes: $1 Million in a winner take all competition. The objective: to see which of them can travel by rail to the most cities in North America — in just 7 days. The journey would begin immediately…
Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure. Players compete to connect different cities by laying claim to railway routes across North America.
- Play Time: 45 minutes
- Player Count: 2-5 players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Direct Conflict: Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High
- Game Mechanics: This is a set collection, network building game. Players collect sets of colored train cards which are traded in to build connections between cities. Destination tickets show routes on the map which give end game bonuses if completed.
- Turn Summery: Players perform one of the following actions:
- Draw Train Cards - The player may draw two train cards (one if selecting a face up locomotive) from the five face up cards or the draw deck.
- Claim a Route - Discard matching cards in the color and quantity of the spaces that make up the route. Locomotive cards can be played as wild cards. Place a train on each space of the route.
- Draw Destination Tickets - Draw three Destination Tickets from the top of the Tickets deck. Keep at least one of them.
- Game End: When one player has two or less trains left at the end of their turn, every player completes one last turn.
- Victory: The player with the most points from building train routes, completed Destination Tickets (uncompleted Destination Tickets subtract from score), and the bonus for the longest route wins.
Ticket to Ride Asia
Ticket to Ride India
Ticket to Ride Nederland
Ticket to Ride USA 1910
Ticket to Ride Africa
Ticket to Ride: United Kingdom and Pennsylvania