Designer: Antoine Bauza
Artwork: Nicolas Fructus, Joel Van Aerde & Yuio
Theme: Long Long ago, the Emperor of China in a gesture of peace, offered the Emperor of Japan a Giant Panda. You have been appointed to the delicate task of caring for this politically important Panda and tending to the Emperor's illustrious bamboo garden.
You must Cultivate plots of land using irrigation and intelligence so that bamboo, the only food that the panda will eat, grows in abundance. But beware of the sacred animal's uncontrollable appetite for crunchy young sprouts.
- Play Time: 45 minutes
- Player Count: 2-4 players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High
- Direct Conflict: Low
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is an action allocation, set collection, tile placement game. Players select 2 actions on their player boards to take on their turn. Actions include laying garden tiles, growing bamboo and collecting bamboo to complete various object cards.
- Turn Summery:
- Determine Weather Conditions - Roll the weather die and apply the weather effect rolled.
- Perform Actions and Meet Objectives - Take 2 different actions from the following list:
- Plots - Draw three plot tiles and pick one to add to the garden. Place the remaining 2 on the bottom of the stack.
- Irrigation Channel - Take one irrigation channel from the supply. It may immediately be added to the garden or can be saved on the players board to add on a later turn.
- Move the Gardener - Move the gardener at least one tile in a straight line. One section of bamboo is added to the tile if it's irrigated. Bamboo is also added to adjacent tiles of the same color if they are irrigated. Bamboo grows a maximum of 4 sections high.
- Move the Panda - Move the Panda at least one tile in a straight line. The panda eats one section of bamboo and the player adds it to their player board.
- Objective - Draw one objective card from any of the three objective categories.
- Any time during a player's turn they may complete objectives if the conditions are satisfied. Place any completed objective card face up next to the player board. Discard any bamboo sections used to complete panda objectives.
- End Game: A final round is triggered when a player completes their 9th objective in a 2 player game, 8th objective in a 3 player game or 7th objective in a 4 player game. The player who triggered the last round receives the emperor bonus card. The other players each play one more turn.
- Victory: Players add the points from their completed objective cards and the player with the most points wins.