Designers: Jamey Stegmaier
Artwork: Jakub Rozalski
- Theme: The ashes from the first Great War still darken the snow in 1920's Europa. The capitalistic city state known simply as "The Factory," which fueled the war with heavily armored mechs, has closed its doors, drawing the attention of several nearby countries. With characters from five factions converging onto a small but highly desired swath of land. Who will gain fame and fortune by establishing their empire as the leader of Eastern Europa?
- Play Time: 115 Minutes
- Player Count: 1-5 player
- Ages: 14+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Setup Time: Medium
- Replay Value: High - The game has a lot of variability in game setup.
- Direct Conflict: Medium
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a worker placement, economic resource management, area control game. Players take turns selecting actions from individual player boards. The actions give players ways to gain resources, build and acquire new workers and mechs, and expand their control of territories on the game board.
- Turn Summary: Players take turns doing the following:
- Place action token on a different section of the player mat than where it was on the previous turn.
- Take the top-row action on that section (optional). Top-row actions include:
- Move - Move up to 2 different units you control from one territory to an adjacent territory or gain one coin.
- Bolster - Pay $1 and gain either 2 power on the power track or draw 1 combat card.
- Trade - Pay $1 and gain any 2 resources or increase your popularity by 1 on the popularity track.
- Produce - Pay the cost shown on all exposed rectangles and choose up to 2 different territories controlled. All workers on those territories produce the resource shown on that territory.
- Take the bottom-row action on that section (optional).
- Upgrade - Pay the cost in oil shown then move a technology cube from any top section green box to any bottom section red box. Additionally collect any coins show next to the action.
- Deploy - Pay the cost in metal shown then select a mech from the player mat to any territory with at least one of the player's workers. Additionally collect any coins show next to the action.
- Build - Pay the cost in wood shown then move any structure from the player mat to anyterritory with at least one of the player's workers. Additionally collect any coins show next to the action.
- Enlist - Pay the cost in food shown then move one of the cylindrical recruit tokens from the player mat one of the open spots on the player's faction mat and take the depicted bonus. Additionally collect any coins show next to the action.
- End Game: The game ends immediately when a player places their 6th star token on the Triumph Track. The Triumph Track lists 10 various goals players can work towards during the game such as winning combat, building all their structures, or completing an objective card.
- Victory: Coins are awarded for star tokens placed, territories controlled, and resources controlled depending on the player's popularity. Coins are also awarded for building structures as shown on the structure bonus tile. The player with the most coins wins!
Invaders From Affar