Designer: Eilif Svensson
Artwork: Victor Boden
Theme: The Gods must be delighted! From time immemorial, the natives of Mangrovia have managed to reconcile the forces of nature with their customs and traditions. But even the years of wise chiefs are numbered eventually. Now it's up to you to revitalize the ritual sites with new spirit. You erect huts along the divine paths and offer up precious amulets at sacred locations. In return, the best player is entitled to seize the honor of becoming the new chief.
- Play Time: 60-90 Minutes
- Player Count: 2-5 Players
- Ages: 10+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: High
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is an area control, worker placement, hand management game. Players select actions at the beginning of a round by placing bowls on the action archipelago. A boat marker moves counterclockwise around the archipelago triggering actions. Actions allow players to take cards and amulets and build huts. Players trade cards and amulets to build the huts on various areas of the board where players compete for majority.
- Round Summary:
- Players take turns placing their bowls on the archipelago action spaces.
- The Boat is moved counterclockwise stopping on any spot that has a player's bowl and that player takes the action. Actions include:
- Collecting amulets - Drawing a number of amulet tokens based on where a player is on the amulet track.
- Taking face up or face down Valuable cards or Landscape cards.
- Building huts - huts may only be built on one of the two landscape types where the birds of paradise are resting at the oracle rock. One Landscape card along with the exact number of valuables or amulets shown on the desired space are discarded to place a hut. If a hut is built on a red-circled amulet space the player moves up one level on the amulet track.
- Move The Birds of Paradise - Select 2 of the 4 landscape types on Oracle Rock by placeing the birds. This action also gives the player the starting player token for the next round.
- End Game: Game ends when at least one player has built all of their huts and the round is completed.
- Victory: Points are awarded during the game by building huts on certain spaces. Points given during the final scoring are given out for the most and second most huts along each God's Divine Path as well as the Pole Area. The Stone Area points are calculated by multiplied by number of huts a player has there by the total huts in the area. Any remaining amulets are also added to the score. The player with the most points wins the game.