Designer: Uwe Rosenberg
Artwork: Klemens Franz
Theme: Le Havre is second largest harbor in France. Players are tasked with managing this great harbor by constructing buildings and ships and using them for manufacture and trade.
- Play Time: 100-200 minutes.
- Player count: 1-5 players - special solo player variant.
- Ages: 13+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Setup Time: Medium/High
- Replay Value: High - There are a variety of special building cards that change each game as well as an included expansion.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a worker placement, economic engine building game. Players take turns taking the goods from one of the goods offer spaces then placing their worker disc on one of the available buildings for its action.
- Round Summary:
- Supply Action - The player moves their ship marker to the next free supply tile then adds the goods shown on the tile to the goods offer spaces. If the word "Interest" is on the tile, all players with loans must pay 1 franc to the bank for each loan.
- Main Action - The player then takes the following 2 actions:
- Take all tokens (Goods or Francs) from one of the seven offer spaces.
- Take a Building Action - Move the player's worker disc to an unoccupied building. Pay the entry fee if using another player's building then take the action shown. There are many types of actions including constructing more buildings, building ships, manufacturing goods and trading goods.
- If the player's ship token is on the last supply tile the end of the round is triggered and the following steps are accomplished:
- Harvest - Players with at least 1 grain receive 1 grain. Players with at least 2 cattle receive 1 cattle.
- Feeding Phase - Each player must pay the amount of food shown on the cooking pot symbol on the round card. Each ship a player owns reduces the amount of food they must pay by the amount shown on the ship card.
- The town constructs one building if a building card symbol is shown on the round card.
- The round card is turned over showing the ship on the back and then added to the available ships that can be built.
- End Game: Game ends after the last round card is resolved. The number of rounds depends on the number of players.
- Victory: The value of buildings and ships a player has constructed is added to their total Francs. Each unpaid loan subtracts 7 Francs. The richest player wins.