The Harvest Festival
Designer: Christopher Chung
Artwork: Beth Sobel
Theme: The Harvest us in, and the artisans are preparing for the upcoming festival. Place tiles to adorn the palace lake with floating lanterns, competing to earn the most honor before the festival begins!
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Player Count: 2-4 Players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Scalability: Medium - plays well with 2-4 players. Players begin with fewer cards and tiles as player count grows.
- Replay Value: Medium - This is a light simple game.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: In this tile placement, set collection game, the tiles award colored lantern cards to the players based on the position and orientation the of the tile. The cards are collected in sets and traded for point tokens.
- Turn Summary:
- Exchange a lantern card (optional) - One lantern card can be exchanged for any other color by spending two Favor Tokens.
- Trade a set of cards for a point token (optional) - Sets that can be traded are: 4 of a kind, 3 pair, or 1 of each color.
- Place one tile and award lantern cards- The player that placed the tile gets a card of any color that matched an adjacent tiles color. All players gain a card of the color facing them on the placed tile.
- End Game: Game ends after all tiles are placed and one round is played to allow a card exchange and set exchange.
- Victory: The player with the most points wins.