Designers: Andreas Odendahl and Michael Keller
Theme: In La Granja , players control small farms by the pond near the village of Esporles on the island of Majorca. During the course of the game, players develop their farms and deliver goods to the village as they vie to earn the title of La Granja for their country estate.
- Player Count: 1-4 players
- Play Time: 90 minutes
- Ages: 12+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Setup Time: Medium
- Replay Value: Medium/High - The cards provide many different paths to take for victory points.
- Direct Conflict: Low
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is an farming economic game with card management and area control. The cards can be played in 4 different ways on the unique player board. They can be used as fields for growing crops, extensions to the farm, barrows for deliveries to the village, or played for the cards special ability. The game board is used for delivering goods to craft buildings and market barrows where players can bump each other from the board.
- Round Summary:
- Play a farm card and draw new cards up to hand limit.
- Take income from farm extensions and any acquired craft markers.
- Grow any crops and breed pigs.
- In player order players may purchase a roof marker and add it to their farm.
- Roll dice and take turns selecting a die and taking its action.
- Choose donkey marker and reveal them simultaneously.
- In player order, advance siesta marker the number of spaces shown on the chosen donkey marker.
- Carry out deliveries of goods to barrow cards or to craft buildings.
- Pay 1 coin for each additional delivery made above the number shown on the donkey marker.
- Score victory points for every player marker in the market.
- End Game: Game ends after 6 rounds.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points acquired from the market stalls, roof tiles, craft buildings, siesta track and money wins.