Isle of Skye
Designers: Alexander Pfister and Andreas Pelikan
Artrwork: Klemens Franz
Theme: Soft beaches, mellow hills, impressive mountain chains: the striking landscape overwhelms everybody. Hundreds of years ago, however, the situation was not as peaceful: 5 clans are competing for dominance, each trying to take away the best swaths of land from one another, and selling off the unpleasant ones for a lot of money.
- Play Time: 60 minutes
- Player Count: 2-5 players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High - The unique scoring mechanic makes strategies change from game to game.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a tile placement game with an auction mechanic. At the beginning of the game, four random scoring tiles are drawn which determine how points will be earned.
- Round Summary:
- Income - Each player receives 5 gold and 1 additional gold for each whiskey barrel connected by road to their castle. Beginning in round 3, players get gold as shown on the round marker for each player who is ahead of them in points.
- Draw tiles - Draw three tiles from bag and place them in front of the player screen. Set prices in gold behind the screen for 2 of the tiles. Place the ax token behind the remaining tile to be discarded.
- Reveal prices - Remove the screen revealing prices and place discarded tiles into bag.
- Buy a tile - Beginning with starting player - each player may optionally buy 1 tile from another player. Pay gold to supply from any tiles not bought.
- Build - Players place the tiles they received to their territory, matching land types. Roads do not need to connect.
- Score Round - Players receive victory points according to the scoring tiles that apply for the current round. Advance round marker and pass starting player clockwise.
- End Game: Game ends after 6 rounds (5 rounds in a 5 player game.)
- Victory: The player with the most victory points wins.