Designer: Ignacy Trzewiczek
Artwork: Tomasz Jedruszek, Jaroslaw Marcinek, Mateusz Bielski, Rafal Szyma
Theme: Settlers from four major world powers have discovered new lands with new resources and opportunities. The Romans, Barbarians, Egyptians, and Japanese all move here at once to expand the boundaries of their empires. They build new buildings to strengthen their economy, excavate mines and farm fields to gather resources, and build barracks and training grounds to train soldiers. They soon discover the area is far too small for everyone and war ensues.
- Play Time: 45-90 minutes
- Player Count: 1-4 players
- Ages: 10+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: Medium/HighEach faction plays differently and expansions are available.
- Direct Conflict: Medium
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a civilization building, resource management card game. Cards are played as locations by paying the required resources shown on the card. Locations produce resources, give persistent special powers or give players new actions they can accomplish on their turn
- Round Summery:
- Lookout Phase
- Draw 1 faction card into your hand.
- Starting with the first player then going clockwise, draft a card from face up common location cards. Repeat, starting with last player going counter-clockwise.
- Production Phase
- All players take resources produced from faction card, deals and production locations.
- Action Phase - Take turns accomplishing one of the following actions until everyone passes.
- Build a Location paying the required cost on card.
- Make a Deal - Pay one food to place a card at the top of faction board for its deal production.
- Raze - Raze a common card from hand by paying one sword to discard it and gain the raze resources or pay 2 swords to raze an opponents common location to flip the card and gain its' raze resources.
- Activate an Action Location - Take the action on a location card in play.
- Spend 2 workers to gain 1 food, stone, wood, or card.
- Cleanup Phase
- Discard any remaining resources that can't be stored on the player's faction board or cards.
- Lookout Phase
- End Game: The game ends after 5 rounds.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points acquired from location card actions and razing, as well as the point value of locations in play, wins the game.
Why Can't We Be Friends?