Designer: Antoine Bauza
Theme: Many fell, putting an end to the reign of terror of Wu-Feng, Lord of the Nine Hells. The funerary urn housing his ashes was buried in the cemetery of a village in the Middle Empire. Years have elapsed, and the cursed legacy has been forgotten by the living. Hidden away in hell, Wu-Feng has forgotten nothing. His incessant search allowed him to locate the receptacle. The shadow of his former incarnation already extends to the villagers, who are unaware of the threat. Fortunately, the Taoists priests keep watch, guarding the border between the dead and the living. Armed with their courage, their faith, and their powers, they are dedicated to send the reincarnation of Wu-Feng back to hell.
- Player Count: 1-4 players
- Play Time: 60 Minutes
- Ages 14+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Setup Time: Medium
- Replay Value: High
- Direct Conflict: None - This is a cooperative game.
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a cooperative, dice rolling, fighting game where players move around a randomized tile game board doing battle with spawning ghosts. Each turn, a ghost card is drawn and played according to color to an open space surrounding the center village tiles. The player then either takes a villager's special action or fights ghosts by rolling dice and matching symbols.
- Turn Summary:
- in Phase: (ghosts)
- Ghosts facing the player take any continuing actions they have.
- If there are 3 ghosts covering all spaces on a player board then that player is overrun and loses 1 Qi token. If there is still an open space a new ghost card is drawn. The card is played on an open space of that color. If it is a black ghost it is played in an open space on the current player's board. The ghost then takes any immediate action it has.
- ang Phase: (player)
- ptionally Move 1 space (diagonal allowed)
- Take one of the following actions:
- ight - Fight any adjacent ghosts by rolling the 3 Tao dice. To drive a ghost away, a player must match the symbols on the ghost's card. Tao tokens can be added to the die results by any player on the same tile.
- Request help from the villager - Each villager tile has a special action that can be activated by the player instead of fighting.
- Optionally place a Buddha figure acquired on a previous turn from the Buddhist Temple tile. Take any power tokens if on the central tile.
- in Phase: (ghosts)
- End Game/Victory: The players win if they defeat the incarnation of Wu-Feng. The players lose if:
- All Taoists are dead
- A 3rd location in the village becomes haunted.
- The last ghost card of the deck is put in to play while the incarnation of Wu-Feng has not been defeated.