Designers: Dominic Crapuchettes, Dmitry Knorre, Sergey Machin
Artwork: Catherine Hamilton
Theme: In a dynamic ecosystem where food is scarce and predators lurk, your species will have to adapt to survive. Traits like Hard Shell and Horns will protect your species from Carnivores, while a Long Neck will help them get food that others cannot reach. With over 12,000 ways to evolve your species, every game becomes a different adventure. So gather your friends and see who best adapts to the changing world around them.
- Play Time: 60 minutes
- Player Count: 2-6 players
- Ages: 12+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Replay Value: Medium
- Direct Conflict: High
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a hand management game in which cards are played for several actions to grow and evolve species with the goal to eat more food than the other players. After playing cards, a feeding round occurs in which players take turns feeding one of their species from the common watering hole or attacking other species.
- Turn Summary:
- Deal 3 cards plus 1 for each species a player has.
- Select Food - Play one card down in the central watering hole food for its food value.
- Play Cards
- Play a card on a species for its trait ability.
- Discard a card to gain a new species
- Discard a card to Increase body size or population of any species by 1.
- Reveal watering hole cards and add or subtract food tokens shown on the cards.
- Take turns eating food from the watering hole or eating other species with carnivores.
- Reduce population of any species to match the food eaten by it. Then save all eaten food in bag for later scoring.
- End Game: Game ends one round after the deck of cards runs out (reshuffle discards to finish final deal).
- Victory: One point is given for each food collected in the player's bag, each surviving species and each trait card on a surviving species. The player with the most points wins.