the Curse of the Temple
Designer: Kristian Amundsen Østby
Artwork: Oliver Schlemmer
Theme: You are adventurers trapped inside a cursed temple. You must activate the magic stones in the temple chambers in order to banish the curse. You have only ten minutes to do so before the temple collapses. Don't sit for a second - start running now and you might just escape!
- Play Time: 10 minutes
- Player Count: 1-5
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High - There various difficulty levels from the many expansions available.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a real time, cooperative, dice rolling game that plays in exactly 10 minutes while an atmospheric soundtrack plays. Players roll dice simultaneously trying to match symbols on the various tiles to open doors, find treasure, activate magic stones and escape various dangers. If the players are in the same room they may combine dice to accomplish tasks together.
- Turn Summery: All players roll and re-roll their dice continuously for the entire 10 minute game or until they escape the temple. Actions that can be taken include:
- Enter a Chamber: Roll the matching symbols shown on the chamber you wish to enter.
- Discover a New Chamber: Roll two green adventurer symbols.
- Activate Magic Gems: Roll the number of symbols shown next to the magic gem icon. Take the number of gems shown in the chamber from the gem depot and place them in the chamber.
- Escape: While in the exit chamber, roll the number of keys equal to the number of gems left in the gem depot plus one.
- Provoke a turn of fate: If there are too many accursed dice in play, a gem from supply may be added to the gem depot. This allows all players to re-roll all cursed dice (dice with cursed icons are locked and normally can't be re-rolled unless a golden mask is rolled to unlock 2 cursed dice.)
- End Game/Victory: Players win if all players have escaped the temple before the time runs out. They lose if one or more players are still in the temple when it collapses.