Designers: Brett Gilbert and Matthew Dunstan
Artwork: Eric Bougier, Cari, Vincent Dutrait, Sylvain Guinebaud, John Mccambridge, Didier Poli, Pascal Quidault, Emmanuel Roudier
Theme: Take on the role of an ambitious demigod who is trying to claim a place at the summit of mount Olympus. Recruit Heroes, acquire Artifacts, and undertake heroic Quests to forge your own Legends. During the five Epochs of the game, you will build powerful card combinations and then destroy them, as the cards must be transferred to your Elysium to earn you Victory Points.
- Play Time: 60 minutes
- Player Count: 2-4
- Ages: 14+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium
- Setup Time: Medium
- Replay Value: High - There are 8 decks of card families but only 5 are used each game.
- Direct Conflict: Medium/Low - Some card families add more player conflict than others.
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a card drafting, set collection game. Each round players take turns using their colored columns to draft cards from a tableau. The cards give special abilities, gold or new ways to acquire victory points. At the end of a round players can move cards to their Eysium where any special powers are lost but collections of level sets and family sets score points.
- Round Summery:
- Phase 1 Awakening:
- Remove any cards left in the central Agora.
- Draw cards from the draw pile and place them face-up in the Agora, until there is are 3 plus the number of players.
- Phase 2: Actions: Players take 4 turns doing the following actions.
- Take either 1 Family card from the Agora or 1 Quest. In the 4 turns each player must take 1 Quest and 3 cards total.
- When taking a Family card, the player must have the matching colored columns shown on the card. The player then adds the card to the top of his player board in their Domain and removes 1 column from player board.
- Special powers may be activated from cards in a players Domain.
- Phase 3: Writing Legends:
- Reallocate the player order discs according to the Quests taken in Phase 2.
- Receive gold and victory points as shown on the Quest.
- Players may optionally transfer cards from their Domain to their Elysium. The number of cards a player may transfer is shown on their Quest. Gold must be paid equal to the level of any card transferred.
- Phase 4: End of Epoch
- Return columns to player board and straighten any activated cards in Domain.
- Advance epoch marker.
- Phase 1 Awakening:
- End Game: The game ends after 5 epochs.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points acquired from VP tokens, Chronos cards, and Legend sets wins the game.