Designer: Donald X. Vaccarino
Artwork: Matthias Catrein
Theme: Something's afoot. The steward smiles at you like he has a secret, or like he thinks you have a secret, or like you think he thinks you have a secret. There are secret plots brewing, you're sure of it. At the very least, there are yours. A passing servant murmurs, "The eggs are on the plate." You frantically search your code book for the translation before realizing he means that breakfast is ready. Excellent. Everything is going to plan.
Dominion Intrigue is a stand alone game with 25 new Kingdoms cards and can be combined with the original Dominion for more variety and games of up to 6 players.
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Player Count: 2-4
- Ages: 14+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: High - Only a portion of the available cards are setup each game. This causes the game to play out differently each time. There are also many expansions that add even more card combinations and variations to the rules.
- Direct Conflict: Medium/Low - Somewhat more interactive than the original Dominion.
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a card drafting, deck building game where players start with a simple deck of 10 cards that are used to purchase other more powerful cards to add to the deck. The purchased cards have special actions, money value or victory points.
- Turn Summery:
- Action Phase - Play an action card for its special actions and abilities. It may allow more action cards to be played.
- Buy Phase - Use available money cards to purchase 1 card from the available card stacks and place in discard pile. The previously played action card(s) may allow additional cards to be bought.
- Clean up phase - Place all played cards and any cards remaining in the player's hand in the discard pile.
- Draw back up to 5 cards - reshuffling discard pile as needed.
- End Game: Game ends when either 3 card supply piles are empty or the Province card pile is empty.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points from cards in his deck wins.
Dominion Dark Ages
Buy On Amazon
Check Prices on BoardGamePrices.com