Designer: Donald X. Vaccarino
Artwork: Matthias Catrein
Theme: You are a monarch, like your parents before you, a ruler of a small pleasant kingdom of rivers and evergreens. Unlike your parents, however, you have hopes and dreams! You want a bigger and more pleasant kingdom, with more rivers and a wider variety of trees. You want a Dominion!
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Player Count: 2-4
- Ages: 14+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: High - Only a portion of the available cards are setup each game. This causes the game to play out differently each time. There are also many expansions that add even more card combinations and variations to the rules.
- Direct Conflict: Low - Some cards can be used to negatively impact other players.
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a card drafting, deck building game where players start with a simple deck of 10 cards that are used to purchase other more powerful cards to add to the deck. The purchased cards have special actions, money value or victory points.
- Turn Summery:
- Action Phase - Play an action card for its special actions and abilities. It may allow more action cards to be played.
- Buy Phase - Use available money cards to purchase 1 card from the available card stacks and place in discard pile. The previously played action card(s) may allow additional cards to be bought.
- Clean up phase - Place all played cards and any cards remaining in the player's hand in the discard pile.
- Draw back up to 5 cards - reshuffling discard pile as needed.
- End Game: Game ends when either 3 card supply piles are empty or the Province card pile is empty.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points from cards in his deck wins.
Dominion Dark Ages