Designer: Jean-louis Roubira
Artwork: Marie Cardouat
Theme: Dixit is a lovingly illustrated game of creative guesswork, where your imagination unlocks the tale. In this award-winning board game, players will use the beautiful imagery on their cards to bluff their opponents and guess which image matches the story. Guessing right is only half the battle – to really succeed, you’ll have to get your friends to decide that your card tells the story!
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Player Count: 3-6 players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Replay Value: Medium - There are many card expansions for the game.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a communication card game where players try to guess what card was described by the storytelling player.
- Round Summary:
- The storyteller player selects one of their 6 cards and says something about it - a phrase or a word - describing it in a way that at least one other player will pick it out of a line of cards but not so detailed that all of the players pick it.
- The other players look at their hand of cards and pick one that fits the storytellers phrase or word.
- The selected cards are shuffled and played down where all the players (not the storyteller) vote - trying to guess which is the storyteller's card.
- Score points
- The storyteller gets 3 points if 1 or more but not all players vote for their card.
- The other players get 3 points if they correctly identify the storyteller's card or 2 points if all players identify the storyteller's card.
- Other players who receive votes for their card get 1 point per vote.
- End Game/Victory: The game ends after the last card is drawn from the draw pile and the player with the most points wins.
Dixit 3 Journey