Designer: Klaus-Jurgen Wrede
Artwork: Dennis Lohhausen, Harald Lieske, Christof Tisch
- Theme: South Seas - Clear blue waters flow effortlessly around seemingly countless islands all connected by a sophisticated network of bridges. It is here that the busy people who inhabit this heavenly paradise frolic around to gather the gifts granted to them by nature. Fish from the sea, bananas from the islands, and the bridges are crowded with shell collectors showing off their latest find. From time to time, even merchant ships will dock at the island in search of cargo: the islander that supplies the merchants with the wares they seek is well rewarded for their trouble.
- Play Time: 2-5 players
- Player Count: 35 minutes
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High
- Direct Conflict: Medium/Low
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a tile placement, area control game. Players take turns drawing and placing tiles with the option of placing a meeple on the tile to vie for control of areas.
- Turn Summary:
- Draw and place a tile - tile must be placed in a way that it continues the landscape of the surrounding tiles already in play.
- Optionally take a meeple back from a tile or place a meeple on a portion of the new tile in one of the following ways:
- Place on a Bridge as a Shell Collector - No other meeples may be on the bridge. If the bridge is completed with two closed ends, the bridge is evaluated. The player with the most meeples on the bridge takes the number of shells shown on the bridge from supply.
- Place on an Island as a Banana Picker - No other meeples may be on the island. If the Island is completed it is evaluated. The player with the most meeples on the island takes the number of bananas shown on the island.
- Place on a Market as a Merchant - If the market ever becomes completely surrounded by tiles, the player who's meeple is on the market takes one of the face up ship tokens without having to pay it's cost.
- Place on a Sea Region as a Fisherman - No other fisherman may be in the same sea region. Sea regions are evaluated if a fishing boat tile is placed in that region or if the region becomes completely surrounded by bridges and islands. The player with the most meeples in a sea region takes the number of fish shown in that region from supply and then covers up one of the fish symbols with a boat token.
- Deliver Wares - Optionally trade shells, bananas and fish as shown on a face up ship token to acquire that token.
- End Game: After all the tiles have been placed, any meeples left on the board are scored and game ends.
- Victory: The player with the most points awarded from acquired ship tiles and leftover trade wares wins.