Designer: Phil Walker Harding
Artwork: Claus Stephan
Theme: As Chief of their tribe, players lead their people to prosperity and glory through the cultivation and trade of cacao. "The Fruit of the Gods." Those who skillfully place their workers and wisely use the mighty power of the Gods will be richly rewarded.
- Play Time: 45 Minutes
- Player Count: 2-4 Players
- Ages: 8+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Replay Value: Medium - This is a light game but there are several different strategies players can pursue.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a worker placement, tile laying game where tiles themselves have the workers printed on them. When a tile is placed, that tile's workers activate the action on the bordering jungle tiles.
- Turn Summary:
- Place a player worker tile adjacent to one or more jungle tiles.
- Place jungle tiles from those displayed in any space that can be bordered by two or more worker tiles.
- Perform a jungle tile action once for each new worker bordering a jungle tile. Actions include: take cacao fruit, sell cacao fruit, take gold, take sun worshiping token or advance water carrier.
- End Game: Game ends after all players have placed all of their worker tiles.
- Victory: Gold is added or subtracted for the water carrier position. Gold is given to players with the most and second most workers next to any temple. One gold is given for any leftover sun worshiping tokens. The player with the most gold wins.