Designers: Andreas Pelikan & Alexander Pfister
Artwork: Vincent Dutrait
Theme: Running out of potions? Then it's time for Broom Service! Wild witches zoom on their brooms, covering miles with their vials throughout the magical realm. Gather roots, herbs and fruit to brew your concoctions, and Drizzelda will help charm away the cloudy weather. Play the right card, at the precise moment, and whoosh to the win!
- Player Count: 2-5 players
- Play Time: 45-75 Minutes
- Ages 10+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: Medium/High
- Direct Conflict: Low
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a pick up and deliver, set collection, bluffing game in which players move their two witches around the board collecting and delivering potions and dispersing clouds. Players simultaneously select 4 cards from their 10 role action cards. The starting player plays a card and declares the cowardly action or the better brave action. The other players follow if they have that same role card also declaring brave or cowardly. All players who take the cowardly role complete the action. Only the last player to declare the brave action takes the action while the other brave players get no action.
- Round Summary:
- Turn over the next event card for the round. (Event cards change a game rule for that round.)
- All Players choose 4 of their 10 role cards to use in the round.
- The starting player plays one card and reads either the brave or the cowardly text. If the player was cowardly they immediately perform the cowardly role action. The roles include:
- Gatherers who help players receive new resources - orange, purple and green potions or wands.
- Druids who help allow players to immediately deliver a potion to a region they are in.
- Witches who move one of the player's pieces to the corresponding adjacent region (without clouds) and if brave allow a potion to be delivered.
- Weather Fairies who allow players to charm away a cloud from an adjacent region. The clouds are kept for end game scoring.
- Players follow in turn order - Players who have the selected role in their hand play their card down declaring cowardly or brave. If cowardly they immediately take the action, if brave they wait until everyone has played. The last player to declare brave, takes the brave action which gives more resources or more victory points than the cowardly action. Any other players who declared brave, take no action that turn.
- The player who took the brave action is now the start player and selects the next role to be played. If all players are out of roll cards, the next round begins.
- End Game: Game ends after 7 rounds.
- Victory: The player with the most victory points acquired from delivering potions, collected cloud lightning, and remaining resource sets wins the game.