Designer: Robert Kyle Gabhart
Artwork: Martin Hoffmann
- Theme: In the year 2097, the earth has plunged into another ice age. Over 90% of the population has died and the survivors have banded together into tribes. Each player leads one of these small tribes in a fight for survival.
- Play Time: 45-60 minutes
- Player Count: 1-5 players
- Ages: 13+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium
- Direct Conflict: Medium
- Replay Value: Medium - The expansions included in the latest version keep this game interesting and very re-playable.
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is very thematic card drafting, hand management, deck building game. Players play cards from their 5 card hand to recruit new cards, find useful items, build buildings or fight over contested resources.
- Turn Summery:
- Players draw 5 cards from top of their deck.
- Play cards for the following actions:
- Hunt - Discard cards to gain food to pay the cost for hiring mercenaries.
- Hire - Discard cards to pay medicine and or use food to hire one mercenary from the available piles of mercenary cards.
- Dig - Discard cards to draw cards from the junkpile deck and keep one.
- Play cards face down to fight in the skirmish over the contested resource card. (Starting in the 3rd round)
- Skirmish - Compare fight values of each players face down skirmish cards. The player with the highest score takes the top card from the contested resource deck. Ties go to the player with the most people committed to the skirmish.
- Game End: The game ends after the last contested resource card has been won.
- Victory: The player who has built the largest tribe wins. The tribe size is determined by adding up the number of members as shown on the bottom left of the cards.
Arctic Scavengers + HQ expansion