Agricola: all creatures big and small
Designer: Uwe Rosenberg
Artwork: Klemens Franz
- Theme: Players are farmers in 17th Century Europe raising sheep, pigs, cows and horses. Three workers help players keep the animals on their farm. They build stalls, enclose pastures and expand the farm with feeding troughs and special buildings.
- Play Time: 30 Minutes
- Player Count: 2 player only
- Ages: 13+
- Complexity of Rules: Low
- Setup Time: Low
- Replay Value: Medium - There are two expansions with a large variety of new building tiles.
- Direct Conflict: None
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a worker placement, farm building game. It is a quick 2 player version of the popular Agricola game. Players take turns placing their family members (workers) on various action spaces on the small board and taking that action.
- Turn Summary:
- Refill Phase: Refill all goods and animal spaces that show refill arrows on them.
- Worker Phase: Players take turns placing their one of their 3 workers on the central board's action spaces and taking that action. Actions include:
- Taking wood or stone
- Adding wooden fences or stone walls to the player farm board to enclose animals.
- Taking 1 of each building material.
- Taking the available fences and a farm expansion board.
- Build a stall or upgrade a stall into a stable.
- Build feeding troughs.
- Buy a special building.
- Taking the available animals from one of the animal spaces.
- Breeding phase: For every kind of animal a player has 2 or more of, add 1 to an available spot on the farm.
- End Game: Game ends after 8 rounds.
- Victory: Points are awarded for animals, buildings and completed farm expansions. The player with the most victory points wins.
More Buildings Big and Small Expansion
Even More Buildings Big and Small Expansion