7 Wonders Duel
Designers: Antoine Bauza & Bruno Cathala
Artwork: Miguel Coimbra
Theme: Develop your science and your army, construct prestigious buildings and lead your civilization to victory! 7 Wonders Duel is a stand-alone game in the world of 7 Wonders, made especially for 2 players.
- Player Count: 2 players
- Play Time: 30 Minutes
- Ages 10+
- Complexity of Rules: Medium/Low
- Setup Time: Medium/Low
- Replay Value: High - The variable setup of the game allows for new strategies each play.
- Direct Conflict: Low
How It Plays
- Game Mechanics: This is a card drafting, set collection game. Cards represent structures which produce resources to allow the building of even more structures. Some cards give victory points while others give military power for combat that plays on in a tug of war on the central board. Each player begins with 4 unique Wonder that provide resources, military power, victory points or even extra turns after their construction.
- Turn Summary:
- Choose an available card from the central tableu.
- Take an Action:
- Build the structure- If a player doesn't have the required resources available on their previously played cards or constructed Wonders, they may pay money for the missing resources. The cost is 2 plus the number of symbols of that resource produced by the opposing player's city.
- Construct a Wonder - Built the same as other structures by having the required resources or paying for those missing. Place the selected card face down under the Constructed wonder.
- Discard card for money - Take 2 coins plus the number of yellow buildings constructed in the player's city.
- End Game: Game can end with any of the following conditions:
- Military Win - If one player's military might pushes the Conflict Pawn to the last spot on the oposing player's side they immediately win the game.
- Science and Progress Win - If a player gathers all 6 different scientific buildings they immediately win the game.
- Civilian Victory - If all three stages end without a Military or Science victory, victory points are added up to determine the winner. The player with the most victory points acquired from money, military might, the various structures built, constructed Wonders and any guild card end game bonuses wins.
7 Wonders Duel Pantheon